Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Safety First - Not Just ATL

When I created Safety First Wake Blog I had no intentions of only posting about things I do or get involved with, its not called Chris Moore Blog for a reason. I wanted to create a blog that you would want to check more then occasionally for new content. And lets face it, if you checked everyday and saw the same 4 or 5 faces over and over again, you'd probably stop checking as often, if not stop checking period.

Throughout the years I have met some great people who are just as into exposing their local wake scene as much as I am. Keyword here is "local". So how does a local scene, lets say in North Carolina, get exposed to our local scene here in ATL. Well in most cases it doesn't. Its a definite fact that there are many territorial wake people within this industry, meaning the normal rider in his hometown wants the spotlight over the new guy who drove 5 hours for the rail jam.

I won't lie and try and say I never fit that mold, because I once did. These days I focus more on the bigger picture and try and meet as many new people as possible who share the same passion as me, shredding. So here on Safety First Wake Blog you will often be reading many posts with content focused on local scenes outside of Atlanta.

First up is some photography from Scott Hutson. I met Scott on a random trip to Gravity Research Compound. Scott had come down to Atlanta for business and Edgar Perez had mentioned to him Quinn, Edgar and I would be doing some night winching on an uprail. Sure enough Scott made the 2.5 hour drive down from ATL just to snap a few photos. Showing much dedication and love for wake I immediatly had respect for Scott and his work.

Although these are not photos of that night, Scott sent over some pics from a recent shoot he did on Lake Anna, VA with riders Kyle Barmoy, on the byerly, and Gordon Harrison, on the watson classic. Both representing for Stultz Clothing Co. and Bay Watersports.
Enjoy Safety First's first non-ATL rider based photo album.


Click Pic For Album

6 comments:

  1. the website looks great chris. i really like what you are doing, ive really enjoyed reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris- Hey its Dave Stultz my brother and I own Stultz Clothing. Thanks a million for putting this post up about our boys and the link to our site many props to you my friend!!! Love the blog name its great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem Dave! Keep me in the loop on what you guys have going on up there. If you are involved with any rail jams I have a crew that would definitely make the road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, Absolutely! We have been throwing around the idea of another railjam/halloween party/winchfest thing on Lake Anna. Also, this might take some time but, I am trying to organize a railjam demo in downtown Baltimore in front of some bars. That one is going to take some time, but we have a good contact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh! redundancy I hate when I do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris, Where do I find info on being a sponsor/supporter of the blog?

    ReplyDelete